The assistant manager will support the teams of IP Policy and Data Protection and will work on a variety of topics related to the aforementioned areas e.g. innovation policy, supply chain security, regulatory information, issues of data access, GDPR implementation, Data Protection standards and policy.
Under the supervision of relevant EFPIA Directors and in collaboration with colleagues, coordinate and support the work of the EFPIA Secretariat, Working Groups and networks on a variety of topics in the area of IP and Data Protection including:
- Meeting organisation and management, including preparation of agenda & minutes
- Development, management and implementation of projects and initiatives identified by the relevant Working Groups on IP and Data Protection, including document management.
- Data-gathering, monitoring, tracking and analyzing information
- Coordination of EFPIA input to various institutional consultation processes related to IP
- Maintaining and coordinating any changes to communication and advocacy materials in collaboration with the Communications team
- Liaison with relevant EFPIA teams and working groups
- A University law degree (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with EU law and policy-making, including self-regulation
- 1-3 years of experience
- Good knowledge of MS Office software package and website content management systems
- Fluency in English is essential, other languages are useful
The following would be assets:
- Knowledge of data protection / IP / pharmaceutical law
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in working in a trade/professional association
- Experience of multinational project working
- Organisational, project planning & management skills
- Analytical and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Flexibility in ways of working and mind set
- Ability to manage multiple priority projects and respect deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills & ability to work with other teams and associations
- Diplomacy and tenacity
A full time temporary position for 12 months.
Interested candidates should send their letter of interest and CV by 30 October 2016, or address any question on the position, to email@example.com.
The European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) represents the pharmaceutical industry operating in Europe. Through its direct membership of 33 national associations and 42 leading pharmaceutical companies, EFPIA is the voice on the EU scene of 1,900 companies committed to researching, developing and bringing to patients new medicines that will improve health and the quality of life around the world.