EFPIA Assistant Manager for the International Affairs team
The European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) represents the pharmaceutical industry operating in Europe. Through its direct membership of 33 national associations and 40 leading pharmaceutical companies, EFPIA is the voice on the EU scene of 1,900 companies committed to researching, developing and bringing to patients new medicines that will improve health and the quality of life around the world.
The Assistant Manager supports the EFPIA International Affairs team members in achieving the team’s objectives. The role requires broad engagement on and team support for the International Affairs team’s priority country work (e.g. Russia, Turkey, Japan, China), EU-FTA work and other dossier work such as Brexit and Intellectual Property – among others. The Assistant Manager directly supports the Executive Director on a day-to-day basis and co-manages applied research and other outreach work needed as well as coordination calls with members and sister associations. The Assistant Manager reports to the Executive Director International Affairs of EFPIA.
- Provide broad support for the International Affairs team in its work on priority markets and dossiers;
- In particular: support the International Affairs team to develop a stronger outreach in Brussels to DG Trade and in the priority markets, support and respond to ad hoc requests from non-market priorities, and support coordination calls with members and sister associations;
- Support coordination with various EFPIA colleagues and members in the areas of regulatory affairs, market access, pricing and reimbursement, intellectual property, and trade;
- Lead the International Affairs work on customs-related aspects of trade and participate in the Customs Network of EFPIA, coordinating between the EFPIA secretariat and members;
- Continuously make links between and compare developments in different markets to leverage EFPIA positions globally, draw lessons, analyse best and worst practices and share them with the team;
- Continuously gather intelligence in priority markets and on priority dossiers that is relevant for EFPIA positions and that allow EFPIA to be pro-active in its work;
- Co-manage – with support from senior team members – applied research work and organise events that are part of the International Affairs portfolio;
- Support the Executive Director International Affairs on a day-to-day basis in preparing for and occasionally also participating in high-level internal and external meetings, events and conferences, etc. and monitor actions implementation;
- Build relationships with relevant EU policy and decision-makers to support EFPIA’s work;
- Look for areas of specialisation to grow into (over time), in discussion with the team, and develop on content and competences to become a content expert and build a relevant personal network.
- University degree in e.g. (health) economics, health policy, European affairs (with relevant health expertise), trade law or international relations;
- 3 years of relevant working experience / internship in EU policy environment (EU institutions / associations) and resulting networks both in Brussels and at international levels;
- Knowledge of the European Union, European policy-making, trade policy, international trade and investment, customs and the global trading system;
- Fluency in English with experience in drafting papers/memos and in creating public presentations;
- Good knowledge of MS Office software package.
The following would be additional assets:
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and/or specific thematic areas like intellectual property, regulatory issues, healthcare systems, and market access, pricing and reimbursement are a plus;
- A network in / background related to DG Trade would be an asset;
- Command of additional languages.
- Strong project management/organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Action-driven and result-oriented.
- Willing to learn, pro-active, and high level of self-motivation with strong inter-personal skills.
A permanent contract starting as soon as possible
An exciting international working environment in the #1 European trade association for health (Euractiv/APCO survey 2014).
Interested candidates should send their application by 17.00 on 15th of September 2018 or address any question on the position to email@example.com. The application should consist of:
Cover letter max. one page