Vacancy: Healthcare Systems – Senior Manager
The European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) represents the pharmaceutical industry operating in Europe. Through its direct membership of 33 national associations and 40 leading pharmaceutical companies, EFPIA is the voice on the EU scene of 1,900 companies committed to researching, developing and bringing to patients new medicines that will improve health and the quality of life around the world.
The EFPIA Healthcare Systems Working Group develops industry policy around how to make European healthcare systems more patient-centric, sustainable and focused on delivering high-quality health outcomes.
He/she supports the EFPIA Healthcare Systems Working Group on different projects and will also be responsible for other projects as relevant for the organization at large i.e. projects related to certain disease areas. He/she will also work closely together with and provide expertise to other EFPIA teams.
The senior manager will report to the Executive Director of Strategy and Healthcare Systems.
- Lead projects under the Healthcare Systems Working Group, working with EFPIA members, external partners and stakeholders;
- Monitor and analyze information on healthcare system policy developments in European countries;
- Draft policy and position papers;
- Engage with EFPIA members, country-level associations and external stakeholders on healthcare system related topics;
- Lead EFPIA’s disease specific projects;
- Represent EFPIA at external meetings/events.
- Masters Degree in Health policy, Health economics or equivalent;
- At least 7 years of relevant working experience. Experience in public health policymaking on EU or national level or from a relevant public body or agency would be an asset;
- Proven understanding of health policy and understanding of European healthcare systems; Knowledge and experience of value-based healthcare models and the various tools for its implementation as well as understanding the role of health data and health information systems would be an asset;
- Professional fluency in English;
- Good knowledge of MS Office software package.
- Strong organisational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure and respect deadlines;
- Good drafting skills;
- External speaking and presentation skills;
- Flexibility to adapt to constantly evolving external and internal environment;
- Ability to assume different tasks, working independently or in a supporting role as required;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Open and positive mindset and ability to easily establish contacts through networking
- A permanent contract covering a full time position
- Interested candidates should send their application by 31 January 2018, or address any question on the position to email@example.com. The application should consist of:
- Cover letter max. half page