Internship Healthcare SystemsAbout EFPIA:
- Digest reports relating to European economy and health (including European Commission documents relating to the European Semester and OECD reports) and produce summaries, compilations or comments as appropriate;
- Collect and compile relevant statistics and data relating to European health, healthcare, economy and pharmaceutical industry;
- Doing desk research on economic and health policy topics;
- Conduct horizon scanning in relevant policy areas, including European healthcare reform;
- Assist in the execution of projects and meetings lead by other team members and staff (including organization of events and minute taking).
- EU Citizen;
- Masters Degree in economics, statistics or other relevant diploma;
- Academic merits in health economy would be highly valued;
- Professional fluency in English;
- Good knowledge of MS Office software package, including excel and Powerpoint;
- Good knowledge of European healthcare and life science sectors would be an asset;
- Basic knowledge of European institutions and decision-making would be an asset.
- Good project management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure and respect deadlines;
- Good drafting skills;
- Ability to assume different tasks, working independently or in a supporting role as required;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Service minded;
- Open and positive mindset and ability to easily establish contacts through networking.
The European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) represents the pharmaceutical industry operating in Europe. Through its direct membership of 36 national associations and 40 leading pharmaceutical companies, and in collaboration with health and research players, EFPIA’s mission is to create an environment that enables our members to discover, innovate, develop and deliver new therapies and vaccines for people across Europe, as well as contribute to the European economy.
The Public Affairs department is looking for an assistant manager who will report to the Executive Director Public Affairs (and support the overall team), providing assistance in advocacy on a variety of topics and coordinating the administrative work of the Public Affairs team. In time, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead on legislative dossiers relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
Role and responsibilities
Under supervision of the team Executive Director and in collaboration with EFPIA Secretariat colleagues, the assistant manager will
- Monitor activities in health policy at EU level
- Answer queries related to the institutions and the dossiers that Public Affairs is working on from colleagues and the EFPIA membership
- Manage the Public Affairs agenda & logistics as well as set up meetings with policy makers and other stakeholders
- Update the internal Public Affairs databases and contact lists
- Take minutes at meetings
- Minimum 3 years working experience in EU Public Affairs. A health policy background is preferable though not essential.
- In-depth knowledge of the functioning of the European institutions and of legislative procedures.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- Good knowledge of MS Office software package
- Open and positive mindset and able to easily establish contacts through networking
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure and respect deadlines
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
Terms and conditions
You will be offered a full time contract until end of 2019 with the possibility to extend into a permanent contract.
To apply, please send a maximum two-page CV and a maximum one-page cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Public Affairs Assistant Manager” by March 20, 2019.
Given the size of our team and the time constraints, we will not be able to take into account applications that do not meet the essential requirements above and the page limits for the CV and cover letter. We are grateful for your understanding and your interest in EFPIA.