Overall, CVD is accountable for around 20% of all premature deaths (before the age of 65) in the EU, and it accounts for approximately ~16% of the healthcare expenditure in the EU, or €200bn. Earlier identification and better management is a key step to mitigate risk factors, reduce the risk of complications such as heart attacks, and address the disease burden long-term.
Building on the momentum created by the EU Healthier Together Initiative, this event aims to create a platform for discussions between EU and national-level stakeholders, to explore ways to improve the early detection of CVD and diabetes in order to reduce premature and preventable deaths.
- Host: Jakub Dvořáček, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic
- Prof. Aleš Linhart, President, Czech Society of Cardiology
- Prof. Miloš Táborský, First Vice-President, Czech Society of Cardiology
- Prof. Francesco Cosentino, Advocacy Chair, European Society of Cardiology
- Ondřej Knotek, Member of the European Parliament (CZ, Renew Europe)
- Prof. Chantal Mathieu, Chair of the European Diabetes Forum
- Marianne Takki, Team Leader, Unit B4 DG SANTE, European Commission
- Birgit Beger, CEO, European Heart Network
We will welcome guests from 10:00 for a coffee. The event will be followed by a standing networking lunch.
Important! Since this is an in-person event, spots are limited. You will receive an email to confirm if your registration has been successfully processed.
Note: Please bring with you the ID or Passport that you have used in the form below. This is needed to access the premises of the Permanent Representation.