Hosted by Paul Rübig, former MEP and current member of the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) and the Governing Board of the EIT
More than two years after the COVID-19 pandemic started, healthcare systems are assessing its impact to strengthen their response and improve the health outcomes of patients across disease areas. In this context, EFPIA CVD Network commissioned a report, in collaboration with PwC, to understand the impact of the pandemic on the sixty million CVD patients in Europe.
Building on the findings of the report, the event aims to facilitate a debate between policy makers, healthcare providers and patient representatives to assess the impact of COVID on CVD care, discuss the role of secondary prevention and to explore possible policy actions to strengthen healthcare systems’ response to CVDs and improve the health outcomes of CVD patients.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Birgit Beger, CEO European Heart Network
- Neil Johnson, Founder and Director of the Global Heart Hub
- Paul Rübig, former MEP, current member of the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) and the Governing Board of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT)
- Ömer Saka, Partner Health Industry, Health Economics & Policy, PwC Switzerland
- Stefan Schreck, Advisor for Stakeholder relations, DG SANTE, European Commission
- Peter Vasko, Chairman of SWEDEHEART
The discussion will be moderated by Jacki Davis.
Stay tuned for more details and speaker announcements!