Unlocking the Potential of Precision Medicine in Europe Virtual Event
Tuesday, 23 February from 14.30 to 15.45 CET
The International Quality Network for Pathology (IQN Path), the European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC) and the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) will jointly share the findings from the study “Unlocking the potential of precision medicine in Europe – Improving cancer care through broader access to quality biomarker testing”.
IQN Path, ECPC and EFPIA have assessed biomarkers’ access and quality across Europe (27 EU Member States and the UK) and generated a biomarker access and quality scorecard for each of these countries. The collected data have helped map the ideal pathway for the uptake and use of biomarkers and identify common gaps across countries. Based on this analysis, IQN Path, ECPC and EFPIA have developed a set of policy recommendations aimed at improving the access to high quality tests for all patients in Europe.
Welcome by Nicola Normanno, Principal Investigator of the project and IQN Path President
Presentation of the data by L.E.K. Consulting
Q&A with the organisers, led by the moderator Vivek Muthu, Health systems Consultant & former Global Head of Healthcare, Economist Intelligence Unit
- IQN Path: Nicola Normanno, President
- ECPC: Kathi Apostolidis, Board Member
- EFPIA: Marlene Thomas, EFPIA Precision Medicine Working Group and Roche
Panel discussion & Q&A
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO): Rosa Giuliani, Director of Public Policy and Board Member
- European Society of Pathology: Holger Moch, President
- Member of the European Parliament: Maria Spyraki, EPP, GR
- National payer: Daniel Forslund, Chairman of the Innovation & Development Committee, Region Stockholm