11th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences 2020 Maastricht, the Netherlands
The 11th World Congress on Alternatives and the Use of Animal in the Life Sciences will be held in Maastricht (the Netherlands) from 23 to 27 August, 2020.
The Congress focuses on:
- Recent developments aimed at improving biological insights, comprising 3D/stem cell technologies, organ/body-on-a-chip approaches, imaging, 3D printing, integration of approaches, computational methods;
- Advanced technologies for multi-scaled data generation from existing and new non-animal based models/systems biology;
- Translational research connecting in vitro results to the ‘real life’ situation;
- Clinical applications of animal-free disease models/prediction, prevention, personalization and participation (4P’s) in clinical approaches;
- Approaches for improving the effective use of existing data;
- Methods for increasing the efficiency of validation efforts of emerging 3R models for predicting efficacy and safety of new products;
- Marketing innovative 3R-based products and services: successes and pitfalls;
- Science meets health (integration of needs and knowledge)/science meets science (bridging the gaps between disciplines)/science meets ethics (defining the borders)/science meets business (from laboratory to user) Regulatory implementation;
- Societal acceptance and implementation (general public).
More information about the Congress is available here.