This webinar aims to:
- Help advance and harmonise current good practice among Animal Welfare Bodies (AWBs);
- Identify ways of addressing the outstanding issues that are preventing some AWBs from effectively delivering their core and wider tasks;
- Enable participants to network and share experiences and good practice;
- Achieve greater openness regarding how AWBs operate and the Directive is implemented.
*The five key AWB tasks:
- Advise the staff dealing with animals on matters related to the welfare of animals, in relation to their acquisition, accommodation, care and use;
- Advise the staff on the application of the requirement of the 3Rs, and keep them informed of technical and scientific developments concerning the application of those requirements;
- Establish and review internal operational processes as regards monitoring, reporting and follow- up in relation to the welfare of animals housed or used in the Establishment;
- Follow the development and outcome of projects, taking into account the effect on the animals used, and identify and advise as regards elements that further contribute to the 3Rs; and
- Advise on rehoming schemes, including the appropriate socialisation of the animals to be rehomed.
If you are interested in participating please send an email to email@example.com and include:
Subject matter of email: RSPCA/EFPIA AWB webinar
Please indicate if you sit on an animal welfare body