Unlocking the power of health data: the promise of the European Health Data Space Virtual event
Data helps us to make better decisions about how to predict, prevent and treat diseases.
The European Health Data Space (EHDS) has the potential to build the foundation for a trustworthy health data ecosystem which will enable better measurement of health outcomes, empower citizens, and create capabilities for the reuse of data for research and development. It is expected to lay out a new path to more patient-centered healthcare. The extent to which it can create added value to healthcare systems and society depends on the framework and governance allowing for all stakeholders to be involved.
EFPIA and MedTech Europe are delighted to host an interactive event to discuss how to unlock the power of the EHDS.A wide range of stakeholders will offer their insights into the importance of access to aggregated health data in order to identify population trends, develop new scientific insights, and improve diagnostics and treatments for patients. Panellists will reflect on the value that data can deliver for patients and society. Following this, speakers will discuss the barriers that need to be overcome for the EHDS to ensure data security and European competitiveness in advancing the delivery and practice of healthcare.
- Birgit Bauer, Patient Expert and Person Living with Multiple Sclerosis (TBC)
- Ioana-Maria Gligor, Head of Unit Digital Health, Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety, European Commission
- Dipak Kalra, President, The European Institute for Innovation through Health Data (i~HD)
- Stella Kyriakides, Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, European Commission
- Angel Martín, Director GA&P Medical Technologies EMEA, Johnson & Johnson, and Chair of the MedTech Europe Digital Health Committee
- Cynthia O’Donoghue, Partner, Reed Smith (London)
- Chris Walker, Vice President Regulatory Affairs at Amgen, and Chair of the EFPIA Digital Health working group